Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasteland and a good night ruined
[MAG]MeanY Offline

Threads: 1
Wasteland and a good night ruined
Hi gents, I hate coming here on this subject for a first meeting and I won't be naming names through this as I can only assume the members involved are possibly not used to running into actual organised squads over the usual randoms. This post is on the MAG forums as a recount of events (maybe they don't play with view distance at max as this makes a big difference to spotting when defending a base). As pointed out at the bottom a video will be posted in the next few days which was captured with shadowplay once the accusing started. Our forums can be found at http://www.matureanzacgamers.com

And for your reading pleasure. Mostly what was an intense and fun night on wasteland. Keeping in mind this server is fairly new and still evolving to include more features. Even since this night a lot of changes to features and missions have been made. This will be ever evolving and it's a pity these member will now miss out.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************
A fun night ruined - Hackusations and abuse

The other night while playing wasteland with Fazz and Chappy we had a clan join the server called [A few good mates].

Initially we could see they knew the workings of wasteland as they proceeded to capture every(most) money zones on the map. We let this go as to not scare them off.

Chappy and I went for a drive, Chappy in the gunner seat and we were cruising through a town to an objective when we seen someone cross the road on foot. The chase was on. Long story short. Chappy accrued about 12 kills(respawns and revives) on a few randoms and the whole AFGM clan members before we left the town.

Obviously they would not have been happy about this. But that's the way wasteland rolls. Our next encounter was on a mission objective, It was night time. We snuck in along the outside caost line to capture the AA tank (Not many and fairly rare). We had a feeling most of the randoms and the clan would be coming for this objective. We got out of our chopper and were almost immediately met with the sound of another chopper in the air. Chappy was onto it quick and a rocket took it down into the ocean with ease. High fives all round. Then the gun fire started. Over the next 10 minutes we held position in a military tower with the high ground advantage. We managed to kill the randoms and once again. 4 members of AFGM clan before stealing the AA and making a hasty evac.

Chappy and Fazz drove the AA back while I kept low in the hills with the chopper back to our home base.

The final encounter...
We got back to base and started making preparations for the possible counter attack. By this point 2 AFGM members had already quit after the past engagements (the randoms were also getting a few kills from time to time). We noticed the money zones we had recaptured being suspiciously captured in a line leading toward our base. How convenient, they were actually basically drawing a line on the map of there position and direction straight toward our base...Not a smart move. We are unsure if they actually knew where our base was or if they were coming to capture the airfield that we built our base on. Either way they did not take long to find us. Fazz was on the South tower with me on the north. Both scanning the horizon with our titan rocket launchers taking advantage of the high ground and thermal vision to try get an early spot if they were moving up. Then I see a thermal to the south west. I nearly dismiss it as a rabbit. Surely they would not circle to the bottom of our base unless they actually knew our location, which we doubted. Zoom in and sure enough it looks more like a helmet then a rabbit. I call position to Chappy and Fazz and take a prone position looking through the small gap on the corner of the tower with my night stalker. It takes a sec to relocate the enemy under a bush. I fire a shot, unsure if it's a hit but it is defiantly an enemy, up he gets and starts running for the hills. Fazz and I both loose sight so we relay position info to Chappy who is in a nearby town to start moving around on his position. About 40 seconds later he left as well. There is one guy left.

Continuing to scan with titans the last guy is easy to pick up with a huge helicopter easily visible from our vantage points with thermal. Fazz is quickly onto him with a mounted 50 cal. The guy starts running to his chopper. I lock onto the chopper with the titan and launch. The rocket doesn't take out the chopper. Apparently it hit the guy directly as he was running in a straight line back to the chopper. That was the final straw, Hackusations and abuse start flying.

If you run into these players in the server please write their names down and if they abuse you please let me know. I need exact spelling so I can ban them as ARMA does not save a very good log.

We will not tolerate hackusations and abuse on the server and this has been added to the rules that everyone see's when joining the server. Chappy also captured footage of the final engagement and I believe he is compiling it on youtube so we can link them not that we need to prove anything to these sore losers but Chappy is working on an ARMA movie of sorts I believe.

No one likes to be accused of hacking, our communication and execution was spot on and to be accused of hacking by another clan that is apparently fairly similar to us is quite disappointing to all involved. We expected better from a fellow apparently mature clan. http://www.afewgoodmates.com/apps/forum/index.php

Thanks for reading guys, it was still a fun night and the night time war zone on the AA was really intense, lots of fun and I hope everyone gets to experience this at some point in a team.

I will be posting most of this on their forums as well.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well there it is. It is a pity AFGM could not of been a long time Aussie clan with us on the server as at this stage the server will be staying up and evolving for a long time to come. This week the server is being upgraded again to accommodate more players and memory allocation increased.

Thanks

MeanY
15-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Find Reply
[MAG]MeanY Offline

RE: Wasteland and a good night ruined
I am assuming an individual player in teamspeak probably started the complaining that led to the issues. I could be wrong but no one has been added to the ban list and we will leave it that way until there is a repeat now that the rules have been updated on the server.
15-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Find Reply
[MAG]MeanY Offline

Compliments of Chappy. We still had fun. Shadowplay doesn't go back far enough to get the AA mission as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLz-WM3N6kw
16-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Find Reply
afgm_Donk Offline
Forum founder
AFGM Members

Threads: 8
I don't have time or the inclination to post a long winded reply to these posts, I will just say.
1 Glad you had fun. That is what gaming is supposed to be about.
2 Sorry your feelings got hurt. If I had a dollar for every time I was accused of hacking. Well I wouldn't be rich but I would be better of than I am.
3 Nice video but what dose it show? a bloke riding around on a bike and running up and down a tower.
4 People are individuals and are entitled to there own opinions.
It's not about the money it's about the game
18-03-2015, 05:38 AM
Find Reply