Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech
afgm_Donk Offline
Forum founder
AFGM Members

Threads: 8
Tech
This wold be a good place to post about your problems or fixes.
My system
Asrock Z77 extreme 6 mobo
Intel i7 3770k cpu corsair water cooled
16gb Kingston genesis 1600 ram
Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb gpu
Win 7 home
It's not about the money it's about the game
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM by afgm_Donk.)
07-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Find Reply
afgm_Donk Offline
Forum founder
AFGM Members

RE: Tech
Just thought I wold post here on a problem I am having here with Nvidia surround.

My setup is a Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb oc graphics card and 3 different monitors 1x Samsung 27" 1x Benq 24" and 1xKinezo 24"tv.
When I was using Nvidia driver 320.18 I had no problem running Nvidia surround, just plugged everything in and it all worked.
After updating driver to 331.92 for Battlefield 4 no more surround updated again to 331.93 and still no surround. I was getting an error message saying all monitors had to be the same resolution, refresh rate and syinc polarity.

I just want to say here that I didn't expect surround to work originally as 3 different monitors is a no no, but it did so I persisted in trying to get it working again.

I checked all monitors and they were all 1080p 1920x1080 resolution 60Hz refresh rate and all were +/+ sync polarity so I contacted Nvidia support.
I can not prays Nvidia support enough here as they were genuinely interested in trying to solve my problem and very thorougher with there diagnosis.
Anyway to cut a long story short the problem was with the earlier driver letting me use surround in the first place. Although my sync polarities were the same the timing was out as the Benq was VSync Width:6 and the TV was VSync Width:5 although this worked fine for me with the older driver Nvidia said and rightly so that this could cause problems with lockups and crashing.

Solution
Nvidia informed me that with the next driver update you will be able to setup and use custom resolutions for surround in the Nvidia control panel. At the moment custom resolutions are not allowed for surround.
With the custom resolutions you can set up the timings to be the same, although this may have a detrimental affect on my monitors that remains to be seen.

Moral
Don't be a cheapskate and buy all the same monitors if you want to run surround.

Hope this information may help others with the same problem.
21-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Find Reply
mullet Offline

Threads: 1
on top of the driver download don't you need to get multimonitor profiles or something like that???
24-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Find Reply
afgm_Donk Offline
Forum founder
AFGM Members

Not sure what you mean Mul
As long as my monitors can handle the same VSync timings all should be sweet. At worst 1 monitor might give me trouble and may have to be replaced.
Trouble is once you have had surround its hard to go back to 1 or 2 monitors.
P.S. this is Nvidia we are talking about not that Ati crap lol.
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2013, 05:27 PM by afgm_Donk.)
25-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Find Reply